THE 5TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HARMONISATION OF SHARI’AH AND CIVIL LAW 2023
We are pleased to announce that this year, Ahmad Ibrahim Kulliyyah of Laws is organizing the 5th International Conference on Harmonisation of Shari’ah and Law 2023 on the 1st and 2nd August of 2023.
Apart from paper presentations, the Fifth International Conference on Harmonisation of Shari’ah and Law also aims to demonstrate several achievements and efforts in spreading the ideas on harmonisation through panel presentation by several esteemed speakers. This includes attempts at harmonising Shari’ah and Civil law in the area of Islamic finance, Islamic Family Law, Waqf and codifications of laws and in academic curriculums.
The first day of the conference will be held physically at the Senate Hall, Muhammad Abdul Rauf Building, International Islamic University Malaysia while the second day of the conference, consisting of the parallel paper presentations, will be held online via ZOOM.
THEME OF CONFERENCE
HARMONISING THE SHARI’AH AND LAW: PROGRESS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
We would like to invite academicians, researchers and postgraduate students to submit their abstract and full paper which focuses on substantive, procedural, methodological discussions relating to the harmonisation of Shariah and Civil Law which could generate academic discussions.
The Conference is focused, but not limited to the following sub-themes.
- Harmonisation of Shari’ah and Civil law
- Harmonisation of Shari’ah and International law/Conventions
- Harmonisation of one discipline or area of law to another
- Methodological Tools for Harmonisation
- Practical Aspect of Harmonisation, Islamic Law of Finance, Islamic Family Law and Waqf
- Islamic law in Civil Courts
- Legal Education and History on Harmonisation
- Codification of Islamic Law (Shari’ah) in the State Enactments and Collision between Civil and Islamic Law
The objectives of the conference are as follows:
- To provide a platform to gather various issues and perspectives on Harmonisation of Shari’ah and Law from all over the world
- To provide a platform for discussion, deliberations and exchange of ideas and experiences among practitioners, scholars and researchers on related aspects of Harmonisation of Shari’ah and Law
- To enhance methodological guidelines for the harmonisation of Shariah and law
- To ensure ideas on Harmonisation of Shari’ah and Law are properly written and are up to date.
- To demonstrate several achievements on Harmonisation of Shari’ah and law since its establishment, through panel presentation.